Downtown Diversity Outreach
To ensure that our Downtown is reflective of who we are as a community, Downtown Memphis Commission implements an aggressive diversity outreach program to engage people of all races and sexes in development projects and to recruit more diverse businesses to Downtown.
As such, the DMC’s program ensures that Downtown development projects receiving our financial incentives adhere to a best-faith effort to achieve at least 25% minority participation level.
Downtown Memphis Commission’s Diversity Outreach program includes educational components, hands-on training for aspiring developers, and valuable connections with experienced developers.
Diversity Report – Q3/2020
MWBE Classification Expenditures
(29% of major projects since tracking began in 2010)
Significant Completed Projects
Projects Under Construction
Projects in Pipeline Detail
Review of most recent update of inclusion levels, and status of development projects and expenditures since EBO tracking began in 2005:
- Completed Development Projects – 30%
- Retail and Office Projects – 29%
Other efforts and highlights included (but were not limited to):
- DMC Expenditures for FY21 to date – 30%
- DMC Expenditures for FY20 – 44%
- Conducted strategic planning meetings with Office of Business Diversity & Compliance, MAMCA, City, County, and developers to maximize inclusion in DMC-incented projects
- Memphis Construction Connections Training Conference sponsored by University of Tennessee
- MAMCA-DMC Project Informational
- Created MWBE Pre-Development Database for DMC website
- Conducted MWBE inclusion planning meetings with representatives of Loews Hotel and Union Row/The Walk projects
- Engaged with the Greater Memphis Chamber
Contact Jaske Goff, Chief Diversity Officer and Vice President of Operations, or call 901.575.0582 for more information.
Are you looking to develop property in Downtown?
Our Pre-Development MWBE Database is designed to encourage minority participation in the critical pre-development phase of a project.
* This list does not constitute a complete list of eligible MWBEs. To be added to our list, please contact Chief Diversity Officer, Jaske Goff, at email@example.com.
The Downtown Memphis Commission does not certify, recommend, or direct the patronage of any particular company.