Exterior Improvement Grant
The Downtown Memphis Exterior
Improvement Grant (EIG) is a program offered by the Center City
Development Corporation (CCDC). This matching grant is designed to help
commercial property owners and businesses make high-quality exterior
improvements to their commercial buildings and property Downtown.
What Are We Trying To Accomplish?
- Encourage property investment that directly relates to improving the aesthetics of buildings and places in Downtown Memphis
- Enhance the pedestrian experience Downtown by improving the exterior appearance of buildings and commercial storefronts
- Help new and existing businesses succeed by enhancing their curb appeal
- Increase commercial property values Downtown
What Kind of Projects Are Eligible?
To be eligible for this grant, the property must be located within
the Central Business Improvement District (CBID). In general, exterior
repairs and improvements that are visible from the street or public
sidewalk are potentially eligible expenses under the grant. Examples of
eligible improvements include the following:
- Exterior building repairs
- Exterior painting
- Tuck-pointing and masonry repair
- Window & door repair/replacement
- Storefront repair/replacement
- Signage, canopies, & awnings
- High-quality fencing
- Exterior lighting
- Sidewalk repair & landscaping
- Outdoor planters and street furniture
- Removal of razor wire, chain-link fences, window bars, etc.
- Fees for design and permitting
- Public art
Exterior Improvement Grant Resources:
Exterior Improvement Grant Application
EBO Program Guidelines